The Piranha Marine vessel solutions
The PIRANHA series of Marine Sanitation Devices have been approved by USCG authorized laboratories to meet the current discharge standards set by the USCG and IMO MEPC 159(55) as well as the Safety Coliform Count: (Recirculating). The output water is suitable for re-circulating, which means the vessel can remain in a zero discharge zone indefinitely, worldwide without the inconvenience and cost of either pumping out or having to travel 12 miles offshore to discharge.
PIRANHA Systems was designed by Engineers, for Engineers, to eliminate the nasty job of continually cleaning and removing sludge from the unit or vessel, continually replacing the costly charcoal filters or carrying large amounts of chlorine (a known carcinogen) on board. Shipyards, builders, and vessel owners should consider the end-user (Marine Engineers) when deciding on a Waste Treatment System. Cleaning raw waste from MBR systems on a regular basis is not a pleasant job for any Engineer.
Piranha is leading the way in effluent standards, with no harmful chemicals being added, you are not only meeting existing and future discharge standards but also helping to protect our oceans and their ecosystems both inside and outside the new 12 mile discharge limit. A Piranha System should be your last upgrade and we are here to help you understand why.
- Piranha Systems do not use chlorine or other chemicals
- Piranha Systems do not require problematic (continually clogging) charcoal filters to remove chlorine (These filters are designed to remove chlorine, not Suspended Solids)
- Piranha Systems do not require the regular sludge cleaning and removal
- Piranha Systems meet EPA standards for Land based system Treatment Plants (many others do not)
- Piranha Systems do NOT use PVC Plumbing
- Piranha Systems do NOT use the “Dilution” method for achieving the legal Fecal Coliform discharge limits (not legal for shore Treatment Plants)
- Piranha Systems effluent discharge not only exceeds rainwater quality, the effluent exceeds the EPA water reuse standards as well
- Piranha Systems can be operated and diagnosed in Real Time by the factory for troubleshooting or if the engineers or shipyards have questions.
- A typical footprint of a 10-40 person Piranha System measures 49” by 30” (Tank shapes may be changed to a certain degree)
- PIRANHA SYSTEMS ARE TRULY GREEN
Capacities below will increase by +-40% with Vacuum Systems. “A” MODEL – 10 to 40 People Black and Grey with Gravity feed “B” MODEL - 40 to 80 People Black and Grey with Gravity feed “C” MODEL – 80 to 133 People Black and Grey with Gravity feed “D” MODEL – 133 to 250 People Black and Grey with Gravity feed